Intro + Advanced Foundation Bundle
Achieve maximum thrust by learning how to use Foundation 6 to power your projects with the Intro and Advanced Foundation Courses
Sharpen your Responsive Design Skills with Foundation training. If you've gone as far as you can go in forums, on Youtube, and with your buddy's tips via SMS when he has time, ZURB's online training is here for you. Learn responsive design from the creators of Foundation. These online courses offer you a chance to better understand how Foundation works and how you can master it to create amazing projects.
What you’ll learn in the Intro class
Using Foundation 6Learn how to go from Prototype to Production with Foundation 69:00AM - 9:45AM PDT
- Getting started with Foundation: Learn the quickest way to get Foundation configured and installed
- Explanation of our mobile first approach: Use the mobile-first grid to get support for the largest number of old devices.
- Deep dive into our flexible, powerful grid: Learn how to quickly build complex responsive layouts using the Foundation XY grid.
Prototyping with Foundation part 1Faster prototyping with Foundation UI components10:00AM - 10:45AM PDT
- Block grid: Create evenly spaced blocks and get elements to line up easily.
- Source Ordering: Shift columns around between our breakpoints to dictate how responsive layouts are viewed.
- Buttons: Create clear calls to action by just adding a style.
- Typography: Get great looking type and vertical rhythm right out of the box.
- Callouts: Highlight content or sections of your page.
- Forms: Layout inputs, selects, and labels to create easy to use forms.
Prototyping with Foundation part 2Faster prototyping with Foundation navigation components11:00AM - 11:45AM PDT
- Navigation: How to quickly implement 5 common navigation patterns.
- Pagination, Breadcrumbs: Create useful sub-navigation patterns that create simple user flows.
- Magellan: Build a solid navigation that scrolls users to the content they want to see.
- Visibility classes: Show different navigation or content elements for different devices.
- Toggler: Creating your own plugins with toggler and using Motion UI to animate them.
- Reveal: Create dead-simple responsive modals and add Motion UI animations.
- Dropdown Pane: Organize multi-tier content — just add links and go.
What you’ll learn in the Advanced class
The ZURB Stack & How To Use ItUnderstand the many pieces of Foundation
- Getting Started: An in-depth look at which version of Foundation is right for you and a peek at how ZURBians start their projects.
- The Build System: A look at how the ZURB Stack build system is created and how to control all the parts.
- Using Panini: How Panini works and how you can maximize the use of a flat file generator.
- Customizing Foundation: Learn how to make foundation yours by removing unnecessary code or altering the code that's already there.
Sass Architecture & Best PracticesLearn Sass and how to maximize its use in Foundation.
- File structure: Learn the Foundation way of structuring your file folders and our efficient use of CSS imports.
- The Sass Language: Take a crash course in Sass and learn about its most important features.
- Sass Architecture: Get familiar with how Foundation uses Sass and how you can organize yours too.
- Best Practices: Keep your Sass concise and easy to use with tips from the ZURB team on maintainable Sass.
The Grid and how to break itLearn about the Foundation XY Grid in all its shapes and forms.
- Mobile First: Take a dive into the strategies of mobile first web creation and why Foundations grid is built that way.
- The XY Grid: Get the scoop on Foundation 6.4's biggest change: The new XY Grid and learn how it will change what's possible on the web.
- Advanced XY Grid: Build complex web app type layouts with the Grid Frame feature of the XY Grid.
- The Grid and Sass: Now take the grid fully semantic by using the Sass mixins provided by Foundation.
- Initializing: Gain knowledge on the many ways to initialize Foundations JS and when to use which.
- Manipulating Components: Take the default JS components and make them yours by modifying their core attributes.
- JS Utilities: See how to create your own plugins and use Foundations built in utilities to make it even easier.
- JS Optimization: Make your code more efficient by removing what you didn't use.