Advanced Foundation 6
Gain valuable front-end development skills and advanced techniques in our Foundation training class.
You'll get the advanced skills that ZURB uses to deliver quality client work in short timeframes. You'll come out with the ability to optimize your workflow with the ZURB Stack, save time while reducing mistakes with Panini, get more styling done faster with Sass, build more powerful layouts with the new XY Grid, and create custom JS components easily. See you in class!
What you’ll learn in this class
The ZURB Stack & How To Use ItUnderstand the many pieces of Foundation
- Getting Started: An in-depth look at which version of Foundation is right for you and a peek at how ZURBians start their projects.
- The Build System: A look at how the ZURB Stack build system is created and how to control all the parts.
- Using Panini: How Panini works and how you can maximize the use of a flat file generator.
- Customizing Foundation: Learn how to make foundation yours by removing unnecessary code or altering the code that's already there.
Sass Architecture & Best PracticesLearn Sass and how to maximize its use in Foundation.
- File structure: Learn the Foundation way of structuring your file folders and our efficient use of CSS imports.
- The Sass Language: Take a crash course in Sass and learn about its most important features.
- Sass Architecture: Get familiar with how Foundation uses Sass and how you can organize yours too.
- Best Practices: Keep your Sass concise and easy to use with tips from the ZURB team on maintainable Sass.
The Grid and how to break itLearn about the Foundation XY Grid in all its shapes and forms.
- Mobile First: Take a dive into the strategies of mobile first web creation and why Foundations grid is built that way.
- The XY Grid: Get the scoop on Foundation 6.4's biggest change: The new XY Grid and learn how it will change what's possible on the web.
- Advanced XY Grid: Build complex web app type layouts with the Grid Frame feature of the XY Grid.
- The Grid and Sass: Now take the grid fully semantic by using the Sass mixins provided by Foundation.
- Initializing: Gain knowledge on the many ways to initialize Foundations JS and when to use which.
- Manipulating Components: Take the default JS components and make them yours by modifying their core attributes.
- JS Utilities: See how to create your own plugins and use Foundations built in utilities to make it even easier.
- JS Optimization: Make your code more efficient by removing what you didn't use.